AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page Call Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a landing page with a non-Google call tracking number on it (a Marchex number). I created a call extension with that phone number, entered it into the AdWords conversion settings dialog, and placed the resultant code in GTM, firing on the DOM action. AdWords has verified it on the conversions page..

The phone number I see on the webpage when I go there from GTM is the Marchex number. Should it change to a Google number? If it only changes when clicked from an ad, how do I verify that it is changing?

Even though I'm using GTM, was there code that I needed to change either on the web page or in the tag that AdWords provided to allow the tag to manipulate the HTML on the website?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Landing Page Call Conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Stephen

Yes, it does only change when you click from an ad. That's how it tracks. 

Unfortunately, there's absolutely no way to confirm that it's working apart from clicking the ad yourself.