AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is this a good optimization technique - removing by bounce rate?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Looking at google analytics.. i see bounce rates of paid keywords. Is it a good practice to remove/pause or at least, bid lower, on keywords that have more than 70%+ bounce rate assuming that they get more than, say, 10 clicks?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Is this a good optimization technique - removing by bounce rate?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Taewoo,

It's up to you where you may want to set the limit, i.e. 70%+ br or 85%+ br. Good thinking in this respect at you end, and I'd say: yes, it's sort of best practice. However, always have a glance at your ROI values they may overwrite any logic.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Taewoo,

It's up to you where you may want to set the limit, i.e. 70%+ br or 85%+ br. Good thinking in this respect at you end, and I'd say: yes, it's sort of best practice. However, always have a glance at your ROI values they may overwrite any logic.

Best,

Lakatos

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I have to agree with lakatos when he says you need to look at your ROI.

You might have a high bonce rate but if a lot of the remaining 30% are converting for you, they could still be fantastic keywords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taewoo

If you for instance have a retail site, you can use bounce rate as a guiding line for your optimization but other factors play in as well eg. ROI as pointed out by the others. 

But you can also have a website where a bouncerate of 100% or close to it is acceptable - if an NGO has a information page on a given subject and your keywords leads the people to the site where they get the information needed on one page, a high bounce rate will be fine. So it really depends on your site..