AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there any way to see dimensions for a specific keyword?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

So I have this campaign with about 20 keywords, but 1 of those generated 80% of the clicks and the campaign is not working very well although that keyword should convert better. 

So maybe it most of the clicks are being generated from a location which is not good. Is there any way I can get the dimension for a specific keyword so I can check that information or I will have to isolate that keyword into another campaign?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yakito
September 2015

Re: Is there any way to see dimensions for a specific keyword?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Yakito,

You will get dimension details at account level, campaign level or ad group level.

Not at keyword level.

There are few things you can check.

Select the keyword and check the search term report (select the keyword > Details > Search Terms > Selected).

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

This will give you an idea, which search terms and triggering your ad.

You can add non-relevant search terms as negative keywords.

And you can change your match type to a more restricted one (exact or phrase) of you are using modified broad or broad match.

My thoughts,

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yakito
September 2015

Re: Is there any way to see dimensions for a specific keyword?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Yakito,

You will get dimension details at account level, campaign level or ad group level.

Not at keyword level.

There are few things you can check.

Select the keyword and check the search term report (select the keyword > Details > Search Terms > Selected).

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

This will give you an idea, which search terms and triggering your ad.

You can add non-relevant search terms as negative keywords.

And you can change your match type to a more restricted one (exact or phrase) of you are using modified broad or broad match.

My thoughts,

Deepak