AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to not override previous UTM when remarketing

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

We are running a Facebook social campaign and using UTM's to monitor the campaign in Google Analytics.

We now want to start remarketing using the GDN. When doing so, I understand that Google Anaytics using the last non direct click will attribute the conversion to Paid search and I will get skewed data for my Facebook campaign.

I could disable auto-tagging but then I have no way of knowing which AdWords click converted.

What are my options?

Re: Is there a way to not override previous UTM when remarketing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Zevi,

Using Top Conversion Path report, we can achieve what you are looking for.

1. Go to Conversions > Multi Channel Funnels > Top Conversion Path

2. Choose Primary dimension as Campaign (or Source/Medium path)

There you will have the data like, facebook source/medium > the campaign name from AdWords. Here you can view Conversion and Conversion value as a metric against each rows. Use Secondary Dimensions, to add more flavor to your add. 

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Shafi Ahamed

Re: Is there a way to not override previous UTM when remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zevi s,

best and easy way to track first & second utm sources is use your internal backend admin panel tool (Ex: magento) when you generate the code for first utm source even if it converts in latest utm source it still shows this person is repeated customer and from which source he came first.
Venkateswara Rao J