AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Is There an Ad Position Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand the top vs other segmenting we can do, but what about seeing actual metrics per ad slot?  I know there are some deprecated google analytics workarounds to do this, but is there an actual report in AdWords to accomplish this?

I find it odd that you can use valuetrack to track ad positions and measure stats per ad slot in third party tracking apps, but there is no built in AdWords reporting on this that I can see.  Am I missing something?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@James B

Unfortunately, Google does not disclose the "raw stats". Google also does not provide the standard deviation. This  leaves you with an average position which could be a misleading metric (what's the average of position of  4 and 1, vs 3 and  2 - in both 2.5, but in the latter the ad is always above the  organic search

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi James,

This is well short of what your really want, but the Search Terms report does have stats like Avg Ad Position, and for many advertisers a lot of the search terms will just get one impression per day. So you could export that data to Excel, segmented by day, and play with it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks.  I just find it strange that Google has no problem passing this information through valuetrack tokens to be analyzed elsewhere but no ability to parse the data in it's robust reporting.  Seems like it would be available in both places or none at all.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I'm  not sure that this info is available using valuetrack. I'll have to check with a programmer on that.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6305348?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’