AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I have triple many per click conversions?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My main return on investment from adwords are Inquiries. I have a single request information form on different pages with different themes. Interestingly when adwords count conversions based on cookies, why do I find almost triple many per click conversions when compared with one per click conversions? Is it normal or did i do something wrong? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I have triple many per click conversions?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Lakkaraju,

Let's see if I can clarify a little bit.

1-per-click: The first conversion after a click on your ad. This must take place iwthin 30 days of the ad click to be recorded.

Many-per-click: Every conversion withing 30 days of clicking on your ad, including the first click.

A conversion will be recorded each time a page is presented that contains the AdWords conversion code. If a single user fills out three of your contact forms, you will record one 1-per-click and 3 Many-per-click conversions.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lakkaraju,

Great question!

Conversions (1-per-click) count a conversion for every AdWords ad click resulting in a conversion within 30 days. This means if more than one conversion happens following a single ad click, conversions after the first will not count.

Conversions (many-per-click) count a conversion every time that a conversion is made within 30 days following an AdWords ad click. Conversions (many-per-click) will count multiple conversions per click.

So it makes sense that there may be more MANY per click conversions since often times a searchers click may result in multiple conversions.

So there is nothing wrong, just means that many of the searchers who land on your website are converting multiple times.

I hope this was helpful! Keep the questions coming.

Best,

Stefan T. Martinez
Best,

Stefan Martinez
-- Not an AdWords expert, just a student eager to learn more...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Stephan,
Thank you, The difference between one per click conversions and many per click conversions makes sense to me. But the fact is that in a monthly report for any given keyword when i look for the stats i see more many per click conversions. If AdWords counts only one conversion from a visitor based on the cookie and ignores the rest with in a 30 day period - why do those numbers still show up?

Thanks,
Santhosh Lakkaraju.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Lakkaraju,

Let's see if I can clarify a little bit.

1-per-click: The first conversion after a click on your ad. This must take place iwthin 30 days of the ad click to be recorded.

Many-per-click: Every conversion withing 30 days of clicking on your ad, including the first click.

A conversion will be recorded each time a page is presented that contains the AdWords conversion code. If a single user fills out three of your contact forms, you will record one 1-per-click and 3 Many-per-click conversions.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Guys,

We use conversions to track sales, yet our conversions per many are more than our actual orders??

Any ideas?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I doubt that your have placed conversion code other than Thanks Page - To check the pages receiving conversions go to - Conversions > Webpages. You can spot pages receiving conversions, Alternatively check with Google Analytics, In Site search paste the thanks page and in secondary dimensions take Source to list out CPC visits at thanks page.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Chris E,

It's best to start a new thread with a new question. Your question is not necessarily related to the OP's question here.

Conversions can be over-reported if you are importing goals from analytics as conversions and running the AdWords conversion code.

Let's say you have an Analytics goal "Completed Purchase", defined as anyone reaching the "thank you" page after a purchase, and that goal is imported as a conversion.

Let's say you also have an eCommerce site, have set up eCommerce and transaction tracking, and you are importing that transaction as a conversion.

Finally, let's say you also have the AW conversion code on the thank you page.

With this setup, each initial conversion will report as a 1-per-click conv. and 3 many-per-click conversions. If this sounds familiar to you, pick the conversion type that best suits your purpose, then delete the other conversion types. I would delete the goal as a conversion first as it can not provide the actual value of your sales. You can keep it as an Analytics goal, just don't import as a conversion.

eCommerce transactions give you the most detail, but can be difficult to set up on a 3rd party checkout site. If checkout is on the same domain, I would recommend importing the transactions as conversions.

If your checkout is on a 3rd party domain, setting up cross-domain tracking for Analytics can be difficult. Further, adding all that code to the 3rd party domain may not be setup. Many have a plugin for the AW conversion code. The AW conversion code is the simplest way to track conversions on a 3rd party site.

I hope this helps.

Pete