AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

I Got one conversion in Zero click, How is it possible?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Folks,

Today in one of my campaign, I got 25 Impression, Zero Clicks and 1 conversion. I want to know If I haven't get any click then how conversion is possible. In my adwords it shows one conversion in zero clicks.WE are using third party tracking software(Pardot) and it shows 17 visits, Google analytics shows 9 visits, Adwords shows 0 visits. I am totally confused.If any one have answer, please help me....

Thanks

Nile

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I Got one conversion in Zero click, How is it possible?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Nile,

Something similar happened to me some time ago and I wrote about it here 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/1-click-and-0-impressions/m-p/169836/highlig...

The answer is that data is "imported" in the adwords interface from all over the world quite slowly, and in the mean time they also check it for invalid clicks. This is why after a few hours, maybe a day you will see normal statistics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

Thank for your reply. Today I had checked the same and currently it shows same result. I assume that it might be issue of time (i,e land on 5 th mid night(11.59 pm) and completed on 6 th (12.02 am) )but the problem is that it still not reflect in 5th or 6th. I am totally confused. How is it possible...

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1) Did you have a look at google analytics to see if it recorded the click ?

2) Is that conversion a goal imported from analytics and perhaps you can track the data about that goal inside the analytics interface ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Myself facing the same situation... As per my Google Analytic record I have 2 conversion on single click. I am totally surprised how is that. Even in my adwords section too I am having one conversion on without single click.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Good afternoon.

First, different people count different things as a conversion. If you are counting the view of a website page as a conversion, then this situation is quite possible. Someone could visit the website through an ad, look at the conversion page, look at one or more other pages on the website, then return to the conversion page.  Two conversions from one visitor. Even if it's a form submission--someone could complete & submit a form twice. Without knowing more about your conversion process or your website, there's not much else anyone can offer for advice....

The click data is also something that's seen occasionally. Google is very, very careful about cleaning out fraudulent clicks on ads. In fact, they overclean. I've seen it in my own accounts--a click I know was legitimate was removed (and the cost of the click refunded) because something in it triggered the program that it might not be legitimate.

Also, I would say that one or two clicks--one or two conversions--is really not enough data to prove a pattern or a problem. The internet simply can't be tracked on that detailed of a level. Wait until your campaign has accumulated enough data to be statistically significant. If you feel then that you are still seeing unlikely results, then post again and we'll see what we can do.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*