AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to view calls for mobile WAP ads?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So far from what I gather it is impossible to see if a WAP ad has generated a call and it will show up as only a click.  Is this true?  I'm looking to track phone calls to our number, even if I have to use a google routing number in the WAP add (I haven't seen any way to do this)

Tracking the fact that someone clicked our number to call is much more valuable to us then tracking the fact that they clicked the add. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter M
September 2015

Re: How to view calls for mobile WAP ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

WAP is rapidly phasing out in favor of smartphones with full internet browsers; There are markets in which the number of mobile phones supporting WAP is still significant. However; they are rapidly replaced with high-end mobile phones.

Thus; Google does not support call extensions on WAP.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

WAP is rapidly phasing out in favor of smartphones with full internet browsers; There are markets in which the number of mobile phones supporting WAP is still significant. However; they are rapidly replaced with high-end mobile phones.

Thus; Google does not support call extensions on WAP.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think this answer addresses what the user is asking. I can create ads specifically for WAP devices, and have them call, as opposed to redirecting the user to a webpage. However, I am also uncertain as to how these ads track in this scenario.