AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to track the conversions across main and sub domain?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I had created separate properties for the main website (example.com) and sub domain (app.example.com). 

Now, I want to track the conversions across these domains. Like people who came to app.example.com from example.com. 

Creating a goal in example.com, with destination URL as app.example.com is not working. 

Creating a goal in app.example.com with funnel from example.com is also not working.

I am a bit new to goal conversion tracking. Please don't laugh at this question if it doesn't make any sense.

Help me out. Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to track the conversions across main and sub domain?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Shiva,

AdWords conversion tracking gives insights into ads/keywords/ad groups/campaigns that lead to the conversion. Track pages/domains that lead to the conversion could be done in GA. Have you tried seeking help on the GA product forum?

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: How to track the conversions across main and sub domain?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Sumanth,

Yeah, I had also posted this question on GA product forum and received a fitting solution.

Thank you.