AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to link existing Analytics account to separate AdWords account?

TJ
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
TJ
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our organization was recently awarded a Google for non-profits AdWords account. Our problem is that we already had an existing AdWords account linked to our Analytics, and now we cannot link our new AdWords account to our existing Analytics account. We would like the two accounts to be linked together to track advertising efforts. Any suggestions? We have already cancelled our previous AdWords account. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to link existing Analytics account to separate AdWords account?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

1 Lets consider your adwords account as adwords@example.com and analytics account as analytics@example.com

2. Log in to your analytics add adwords@example.com as administrator from user management

3. Log in to your adwords account and follow instructions from here

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704341

After you are done you can make adwords@example.com as normal user instead of admin in analytics

Hope it helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Re: How to link existing Analytics account to separate AdWords account

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi bumping this as it's relvant to me as well.

I've added all Adwords account admins as analytics admins too

I have enabled aut-tagging,.

I have followed the letter to a T, yet still unable to link. Are there any other requirements? auto tagging was not enabled on the Adwords accounts. Does auto taging play a part? Does adwords need to send a few clicks to the website for it to be picked up by analytics before the connection can be made?

I cannot see the data sources tab at all. (step 5) when I follow the guide,.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi TJ,

In your case, you must unlink the Analytics account from the old AdWords account. Even though you have cancelled the account, the email address and Analytics acount remains associated with the old account. Once you unlink those accounts, you should be able to link your new AdWords account to the Analytics account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi morecaffeine,

It would be better to start a new thread for your question as it is really not the same problem as TJ's.

Yes, auto-tagging plays a major role in accumulating data. When auto-tagging is off, no results will show up in Analytics under the AdWords section. If you did not set up manual tagging properly, traffic will not be recognized as paid.

Some of the settings in Analytics have been moved and not all documents reflect those changes. I don't have time today to go through it all. If you have specific questions, post back and we'll see what we can do to help.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords