AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to get this attribution to work?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

For a user who saw a YouTube ad converted at search campaign, how do I know how many conversions from the search campaign was due to the user viewed the ad on YouTube?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

What you're looking for is View Through Conversions. 

I'd start on the attribution journey here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?hl=en

It's a little complicated at the start but essentially, you can see the assisted conversions but it's up to you to place a value on them. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Richard, 

Without any betas you will not be able to view said conversions.

Sadly, At the moment you cannot see on the multi-channel funnels views.

Sorry.

P.s. @Dave_Davis - Please note the VTC are only shown when there is no conversion from a click on the same account - otherwise that would have meant that AdWords is counting twice, which is not the case. So, if a conversion was a result of a click on a search campaign there will not be any associated VTC for that click in that account.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Right now the attribution is set to "last click", I want to change it to "linear model" but I am wondering if this only applies to search campaign, not video campaign, could someone confirm?

Also does any of the assisted conversions under multi channel funnels include the ones I was talking about before?