AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to analyze the Top Movers Report?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,  I am sure you might be familiar with the Top Movers Report!

Its a Beta test rolled out by Google in May I believe....is there anyway some can give me insight into this reporting?

Also here is a link to the only blog I found on it: http://www.verticalleap.co.uk/blog/first-look-adwords-top-movers-dimensions-view/

PPCSophie
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCSophie
September 2015

Re: How to analyze the Top Movers Report?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi PPC Sophie, 

Thanks for posting your question! Yes, the Top Movers is a new report in the account that is designed to give you a bit of an indication of how things are changing in your account. The Top Movers report shows you which campaigns and ad groups have experienced the biggest changes (both increases or decreases) in clicks and costs, and can let you see further details about those changes.

This link here gives a much more detailed run through of the report, how it works, and how to analyse the data. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCSophie
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi PPC Sophie, 

Thanks for posting your question! Yes, the Top Movers is a new report in the account that is designed to give you a bit of an indication of how things are changing in your account. The Top Movers report shows you which campaigns and ad groups have experienced the biggest changes (both increases or decreases) in clicks and costs, and can let you see further details about those changes.

This link here gives a much more detailed run through of the report, how it works, and how to analyse the data. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I find this report incredibly amazing, and i really wonder why this didn't stir up additional buzz in the community, i do think there's still a long way to go with that, including new things such as more moving signals (CTR - Impressions - etc.), Custom dashboards, Alerts, Way to go Google!