AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How does traffic from Google search partners appear in Analytics?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been seeing some submissions coming through from strange referral sites in my analytics. I searched the sites and couldn't find any link leading back to my site. But when i search my Brand a sponsored ad was displayed, matching my ad copy. Im trying to determine if this referral site could be part of the Google Search Partners or if its something else entirely. I would assume that the Google Search Partners would show up under 'cpc' but i wanted to know exactly how Search Partner data would appear in Google Analytics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how does traffic from google search partners appear in analytics?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Evan, 

Within Analytics you'll want to go into Acquitions and then Keywords > Paid. Once there you can add a secondary dimension of Ad Distribution Network. This will give you a breakdown of Google Search, Google Search Partners and Content. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions about you referral clicks once you've had a look at this report. 

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hannah,

The above one you answered only show keywords from Google Search, Google Search Partners and Content. But I am much more interested in finding Placements(website) from search partner in analytic.

So is there any way to find Search Partner placement(website) in Google analytic?

Thanks in advanced.

Hanif Shaikh

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hanif,

You can find placements by going to Acquitions and then Adwords > Placements.

Thanks,
Nouman

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

I think You are getting confused here between search partners and display network.

Display network is where you ads are shown on websites other than google which have relevant content to your target.

Search partners are other search engines (like AOL) which use google feed to display search results and ads.

You can get the list of placements on display network but you cant get which search partner is giving you how many clicks

Hope this makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog