AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I report click fraud from my ad watcher to google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I installed ad watcher and am now noticing a high volume of what i assume are click bots! How do i report this to google without bothering them via a phone call?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How do I report click fraud from my ad watcher to google?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi lmlockouts,

I think the best way to deal with this is to email them through their support channels and see if they can investigate.

Do you have data you can provide them with as you're going to need some pretty good evidence?

Before doing that please read through this section on invalid clicks.

Good luck with it.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Mark R, the AdWords Community Guidelines clearly prohibit self-promotion and, since you only appear to post on threads concerning potential click fraud, and your profile says you market anti-click fraud products, it's pretty clear what your intentions are here.

I would strongly advise that you remove your posts promoting your own product and restrict your comments to those that are helpful to any discussion from a balanced viewpoint.  In particular, I would suggest you refrain from attempting to cloak your promotion by claiming to be someone who merely uses this software, as you have done in another thread.

Potential click fraud is a serious issue and one that concerns many advertisers, but there is little - if anything - to be gained by exaggerating the situation or attempting to make a fast buck on possibly unfounded fears.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi lmlockouts,

I think the best way to deal with this is to email them through their support channels and see if they can investigate.

Do you have data you can provide them with as you're going to need some pretty good evidence?

Before doing that please read through this section on invalid clicks.

Good luck with it.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi lmlockouts, and welcome to the forum.  

Have you checked whether you're receiving any credits for invalid clicks?  Google spend an awful lot of time and effort detecting invalid click activity and if you are receiving any, you'll be credited for them at the end of your billing period.

You say you assume they are "click bots".  What leads you to this assumption?

I would also say that you are trusting the report of a third-party program over the reports from the people that actually run the advertising which, although may seem like a good idea, may be questionable...

Jon

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

It is very often that third party tools like adwatcher don't actually know what invalid clicks are. I recommend analyzing your traffic by yourself (see these articles for more information: http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/advertisers/valid-reasons-for-increases-in-traffic.html and http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/advertisers/better-understand-your-ad-traffic.html) and if you still suspect the you can report them here: http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/advertisers/click-investigation-request.html (be sure to include your findings from your analysis).

Hope this helps,

Fili

(former Google support engineer on the click fraud team Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an employee who quit and went to a competitor in my market and shared my google marketing strategies. Now they copy my ads, they raised there budget from a non existent amount of -$10 day to over $1000 per day.  I have a belief that they are clicking on my ads and thus costing me daily in my operation.  The day the employee quit and went to work for my competitor is the exact date they raised there budget to $1000. 

I want to fight this with every thing you offer!  Please assist me in this fight.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a few of there IP addresses and can supply them to you.  How do I protect my company from this fraudulent activity?  I have had to lay off three people due to business losses this past two months.

I need to be guided to the proper source with Google to fight this action.

Craig

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Craig,

I understand the suspicion, however other things may be going on as well. I recommend analyzing your traffic by yourself (see these articles for more information: http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/advertisers/valid-reasons-for-increases-in-traffic.html and http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/advertisers/better-understand-your-ad-traffic.html) and if you still suspect the you can report them here: http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/advertisers/click-investigation-request.html (be sure to include your findings from your analysis).

Hope this helps,

Fili

-former Google support engineer on the click fraud team Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
Instead of wasting time calling or contacting google asking them to consider refunding you money for fraudulent clicks, you should consider using a service that actually prevents these clicks from happening in the first place. <This post was edited by the Community Manager as per the Community Posting Guidelines - Self Promotion>

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Mark R, the AdWords Community Guidelines clearly prohibit self-promotion and, since you only appear to post on threads concerning potential click fraud, and your profile says you market anti-click fraud products, it's pretty clear what your intentions are here.

I would strongly advise that you remove your posts promoting your own product and restrict your comments to those that are helpful to any discussion from a balanced viewpoint.  In particular, I would suggest you refrain from attempting to cloak your promotion by claiming to be someone who merely uses this software, as you have done in another thread.

Potential click fraud is a serious issue and one that concerns many advertisers, but there is little - if anything - to be gained by exaggerating the situation or attempting to make a fast buck on possibly unfounded fears.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Fili thank you for your reply, however I went to the link for investigations and didn't find it helpful in as much as I was not able to get the form to push to someone whom would be able to aid me in my investigation. I have inside Intel on my competitor of which I know they are fraudulently clicking on my ad. Just yesterday it cost me $151.00 and that is just one day! So I need to find a person with in the Google or legal world that can drive this home? Your thoughts?

Craig