AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I install a Google call-tracking snippet via Tag Manager?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm trying to install a Google call-tracking Javascript snippet via Tag Manager, though I haven't done this before so not 100% sure how. Do I just select the custom HTML tag and it will automatically insert it between the head tags? Like this - http://prntscr.com/etbpbz?

My other question was whether someone knew this will even track conversions for Display Remarketing alone, since that is all we are running at the moment. 

Thank you. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Zachary G

You only need to add these snippets of code directly to files on your website or mobile app if you don't use tag manager.

With Tag Manager, you no longer need to maintain each of these code snippets in your source files. Instead, you specify the tags that you want to fire, and when you want them to fire, from within the Tag Manager user interface.

The container replaces all other manually-coded tags on your site or app, including tags from AdWords, Google Analytics, Floodlight, and 3rd party tags. Once the Tag Manager container tag has been added to your site or app, you update, add, and administer additional tags right from the Tag Manager web application.

Here is a step by step guide for easy implementation.

-Julia

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks @Julia Xhajaj, however I am still unclear about how to install this particular tag, which needs to be installed between the <head> tags on every page?