AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google shopping results in google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I tell in GA that my website has been visited through a link in google shopping? I want to be able to assess the number of visits to see if it is worth continuing with and creating the new google shopping ads. I have lots of visits from Google sites but I am not sure what I should be looking for.

Thanks Claire

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google shopping results in google analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can get all the information from your Merchant Center account.

HOpe this helps.

Ryan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my google shopping merchant centre says that I have had 145 clicks on my products in a month yet analytics says that my site had 754 visits from a google site which generated 10 transactions. How can I confirm if the 10 purchases were as a result of the 145 product clicks through google shopping or results from searches in google?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey you need to link adwords and analytics so that you can you can track the actual conversions from Google Merchant Center.

After linking both account. Go to Traffic Sources->Advertising->Adwords to see the stats

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks i've linked the accounts lets see what happens.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Good!

eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have the same question, as above, but the answer here did not work for me.

Google Shopping resutls are based on having product listing ads running. 

If someone searches for a product, they can either see my ad, or a Google shopping result.

I can see the results in anlaytics and in adwords (the accounts are linked) - but this only shows me stats for PLAs.

Are you saying that clicks on Google Shopping ads are included in the PLA stats?

I believe they are not tracked in PLA stats, and am wondering where/how to see clicks that resulted on shopping results?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, they are both indeed united now. Google recently made a announcement regarding it. I think this doc will help you.

http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2805431

[ Edited ]
eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the awesomely quick reply!

I read the info on the link, and I know they have been combined, but I am still not convinced that the stats are combined.

Are you saying that if a person searches for "product abc" and then sees a Google shopping ad for that product (not PLA - ppc ad), that click and conversion will be listed under the relevant PLA campaign?  And the cost per click will be based on the PLA settings?

I see the Shopping ads and PL ads as 2 seperate kind of ads in the search results - but according to this, the results are all combined into one stat.  Correct?

I am asking these questions to clarify this for myself.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, you are correct. Click and Conversions will include both product ads and shopping ads.

According to these documents both are united but to clarify you can send an support email to Google.

Siva.