AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google displaying Nextag.com link on Product Listing Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using PLAs to advertise and am running into a situation where pricing is not up to date with the most recent updates I have made in the store.  I am allowing a few hours from the time I push out the updates to Google Merchant Center, and am still not seeing the pricing updated on the PLA. 

After right clicking on a PLA I noticed that the google referral link goes back to Nextag.com even though our Google Merchant Center file has no Nextag links in it.  I pasted that link in a browser and that Nextag referral link goes to the item with correct pricing on my site.  We do advertise on Nextag, but my question is, if I'm not submitting any links to Nextag to Google, where are they getting this Nextag link from, and how do I get it to stop?  I don't update Nextag pricing as frequently as Google and it is potentially damaging if they are choosing to display that price, and not the accurate price that I am submitting.     

Re: Google displaying Nextag.com link on Product Listing Ads

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Most of the marketplaces and comparison shopping engines submit their product feeds to Google Base. You have to either stop submitting your products to nextag or you should stop advertising your products on PLA. This will prevent duplicate offers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I don't see the Nextag link on any other stores we manage and the only answer here shouldn't be to eliminate a revenue stream.  I am hoping this can be addressed as a problem with a viable solution, not common knowledge advice that requires me to kill a revenue stream.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Sounds like you are running a nextag store as well, and the nextag store is not submitting the datafeeds in real time. Is this correct?

If so:

#1 - You should contact Nextag about it.
#2 - Don't worry about it, as the issues lie on Nextag, not on you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also having the same exact issue.  It seems like Nextag.com is submitting their feeds to Product Listing Ads.  In turn we are effectively competing for ad space with Nextag..even though we submit to Nextag AND Google Product Listing Ads.  This doesn't make sense at all!