AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager - No thank you page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I need to implement Google tag manager for tracking of conversion.

I am not sure if this tag and trigger will work.

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks

tagmanager setup.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Tag Manager - No thank you page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Feldrin
I can't see what "button blue" actually is but assuming it's a standard ID, this should work.

I actually wrote a pretty detailed blog post about doing this here: https://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/track-conversions-without-a-thank-you-page/

If you want to let me know the method you're using, I can walk you through it step by step here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. I actually saw your post about tag manager before I posted my question here Smiley Happy It's very detailed!

By the way, I conducted a live test on my adwords campaign and using the tag and triggers I created and it actually works. However, I am a bit confuse on a situation that what if the potential customer has accidentally click the button. I mean the information is blank and accidentally click the button. If adwords will record this as conversion, I think I am tracking the wrong conversion. May I know your thought on this? Thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Feldrin
Sorry for the late follow up on this. Actually, if you implement this "onsubmit" as opposed to "onclick", it will only register (trigger the dataLayer -> conversion) when the form is successfully submitted.

Glad you got everything working!