AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Calls vs. Call Extension Calls.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

So we've been getting more and more calls from Google My Business lately because of the recent change that google implemented (where they show your My Business phone number in some ads instead of call extension number).

How are you guys able to more or less decide to attribute the My Business Calls to your AdWords advertising? 

I tried segmenting the click by type under location extension, but it's not clear where the My Business Calls are accounted for. Is it in "location details" or in "driving directions"? 

ps. I know mobile-click-to-call is call extension calls, but not My location calls, but I could be wrong.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google My Business Calls vs. Call Extension Calls.

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Nash,

It's not yet possible to segment calls driven by call extensions vs. the Google My Business phone numbers, per the change you mentioned. This is something that the Product team is actively exploring.

Cassie