AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Import - How Are You Using It?

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Have you all set up your Adwords accounts to import Analytics data?  If not, why not?  This new feature is incredibly useful in seeing key performance metrics right in your Adwords account and it's a cinch to set up.  Read all about it here:

http://adwords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/make-better-decisions-in-adwords-with.html

If you have already set up your import, how are you using it?  How has it affected the way you look at your account performance?  Has anyone any good stories of how this feature has helped them tune their account?  Please let us know!

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google Analytics Import - How Are You Using It?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!,

I always link both the adwords with the anlytics and also the conversion pages. It is really awesome because this way you can see what words actually convert in your site, it also gives you a better view of what your "viewers" are looking at. Sometimes I get really surpised to see that a word I thought was not related to my market to appear in my analytics. 

By doing this relation I have saved a lot of money in my campaigns, by doing what converts the best and giving the best user experience to my clients websites. 

Greetings from Spain =D

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!,

I always link both the adwords with the anlytics and also the conversion pages. It is really awesome because this way you can see what words actually convert in your site, it also gives you a better view of what your "viewers" are looking at. Sometimes I get really surpised to see that a word I thought was not related to my market to appear in my analytics. 

By doing this relation I have saved a lot of money in my campaigns, by doing what converts the best and giving the best user experience to my clients websites. 

Greetings from Spain =D

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

This idea is really nice and for the advertising perosnals they do always looking for the leaving visitors without become there customers.

Nice inside connectivity with the google other properties is what we are looking for in near future!

Thanks,

Raheel

flm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
flm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I like to tool itself but the best 'use' I have found is in explaining to potential clients and exisitng ones who are "unsure' of the VFM they are getting with Adwords. My clients are small businesses who have small budgets and "hate' having to grapple with what to them is quasi - financial information that lots of adword data is to them. Some even recoil at the mere sight of a spreadsheet!. But they can really get their heads around "falloff' which this makes easy to provide ie paid for clicks that do not get people through the door just to it. They see much bankable 'savings' in me helping them reduce their potentail spend or  refocusiing existing spending better.