AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Goal not Showing as AdWords Conversion Cross Domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have read a few post similar to my situation, but none have pointed me the rigth direction. I am looking to correct this issue.

I have a two domain setup, where domainA.com is the sales tool, and domainB.com is the checkout tool.

I created a goal in analytics, which is properly tracking cross domain and recording the amount of the purchase. 
I imported this goal from analytics to AdWords as a conversion. 

My issue is, although the goal is being completed, it is not attributing any of these goals to CPC \ AdWords.  They all show Direct / None. 

My intended outcome is to see what ads drove this sale?

Can you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David P,

Where do you find your goal conversions, in domainA.com or domainB.com?

Do you have both GA accounts linked to your AW account?

When the order is submitted, can you see the gclid in the URL?

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pete,

All the tracking is currently setup through DomainA.com.

Currently I only have a single Analytics and a single AdWords account setup on DomainA.com.
The gclid is not being transferred to domainb.com URL, but the GA cross domain tracking is working.

I was thinking about the following approach, but i believe i will loose Analytics tracking functionality and im still not sure if this would show me what keyword was converted on since its going cross domain?
1. Delete the GA goal

2. Remove the GA goal from AdWords

3. Create and AdWords conversion

4. Ad the AdWords conversion tracking code to the sales page

I will not have these sales within analytics correct? I would like to be able to track these sales within AdWords and Analytics if possible.

Thank you for the help!

Also, I am the developer of both sites. I can add/edit any code on each.

David