AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad- Invalid Click from Countries which are not listed in targeted location

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Recently I have run campaign with 32 city in united states as my target location but I have found/track some invalid click for my paid ad from other countries which is not listed in my target location. I also have added screenshot of it.Paid-Search1.pngPaid-Search2.pngadword.pngAdword-2.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sulbha J
2w

Google Ad- Invalid Click from Countries which are not listed in targeted location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Check your advanced location settings to be sure that they are set to the most restrictive . "people in my targeted location"....

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sulbha J
2w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Check your advanced location settings to be sure that they are set to the most restrictive . "people in my targeted location"....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes checked already, everything is set for target location only.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Two possibilities:

1. Analytics uses a different way for identifying location than what AdWords uses for serving ads.

2. Analytics recognised a visitor as Paid Search that wasn't from your AdWords account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

okay consider this point but in just now checked in Adwords user location report  there also same thing click from invalid countries  and also impression in countries for outside my targeted location.

Attachedadword.pngAdword-2.png screenshot from adwords too.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

OK, please show a screenshot of your advanced location settings, for that campaign, sounds like they are set to the default. 

Re: Google Ad- Invalid Click from Countries which are not listed in targeted location

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

advance-setting.png

@RobSkelton wrote:

OK, please show a screenshot of your advanced location settings, for that campaign, sounds like they are set to the default. 

Attached Screenshot of previous setting today I have changed it to people in your targeted location.

But my doubt is if because of previous setting that traffic comes but I have checked search term for non targeted click they have not mentioned my targeted location in their search query

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want people to look at this campaign but not the ones that live in the area associated with the campaign, like Kona Real Estate, I don't want the people in Kona to see the ad because the competitors click on it? I set the target like you have it, the recommended option, but  I chose the bottom option in the excluded, because I don't want to block people interested in Kona only those that live there? Make sense?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

If you choose the default targeting option, Google can show your ad anywhere in the world (if they think the person is showing an "interest" in your location), except for places you specifically exclude.