AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Geo Targets Not Showing Up On Map

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Good Morning Advertiser Community!

I am in the process of creating a new campaign - and I have added 457 zip codes to my geo target list. That being said, quite a few of the zips I'm targeting in this campaign - aren't showing up on the map to let me know I'm targeting them - for instance, see the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 11.06.27 AM.png

This isn't just happening within this campaign either - my other campaigns which are targeting over 300 zip codes as well is running into the same issue. I can see that the zips are added to the campaign - however, the map doesn't reflect those targets. Is this pretty typical when targeting locations in bulk? I can add the particular zips in question to a seperate campaign and then show up - but once I add them to a campaign with a bunch of other zips already added - they aren't appearing. 

Will my ads still run in the locations even though they're not being reflected on the map? I know there is a cap of 1,000 locations to target in bulk - but again, I'm only targeting 457 and am not close to that 1,000 number. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Conner H
April

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Conner H

Hello, even though you are not close to the official limit, you have exceeded the limit that will show on the map you are referencing.  I can't remember what that number is, but it's nothing to worry about. Just think of it as a technical glitch.

If it's in your target list, your ads will be served for appropriate queries in that area.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Conner H
April

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Conner H

Hello, even though you are not close to the official limit, you have exceeded the limit that will show on the map you are referencing.  I can't remember what that number is, but it's nothing to worry about. Just think of it as a technical glitch.

If it's in your target list, your ads will be served for appropriate queries in that area.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

That makes sense. Thanks @David Kyle!