AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Sitelinks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can track sitelinks using 3rd party tracking software but does anyone know of enhanced sitelinks can be tracked?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachK (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Enhanced Sitelinks

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi scoop05333, 

Good question. Yes, third-party tracking URLs can be used for Enhanced Sitelinks.

With regard to Enhanced Sitelinks, we will attempt to match the final URL for your Sitelink URL and ad URL. If no match is found, this format may not show. None of your URLs will be changed, so this will not affect your reporting or users' experience getting to your pages.

Our final matching between sitelinks and ads is on the final URL after removing tracking parameters and has nothing to do with the content of the pages. However our system might not always be able to identify these parameters and it is not possible to predict with certainty at this time whether the system will find a match or not. 

I hope this helps. 

R.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachK (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Enhanced Sitelinks

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi scoop05333, 

Good question. Yes, third-party tracking URLs can be used for Enhanced Sitelinks.

With regard to Enhanced Sitelinks, we will attempt to match the final URL for your Sitelink URL and ad URL. If no match is found, this format may not show. None of your URLs will be changed, so this will not affect your reporting or users' experience getting to your pages.

Our final matching between sitelinks and ads is on the final URL after removing tracking parameters and has nothing to do with the content of the pages. However our system might not always be able to identify these parameters and it is not possible to predict with certainty at this time whether the system will find a match or not. 

I hope this helps. 

R.