AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate value - Adwords error when adding URL's to display remarketing lists

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am attempting to add new URL's to one of my remarketing lists and I'm getting a "duplicate value" error message. I have had no problems in the past, but this has recently happened to three of my lists with different URL's attempting to be added.

It's strange because I have not had this issue before but have had it happen three separate times in the last day or so. I'm certain there are no repeated URL's in my lists and the URL's I'm adding are not already included. (if there were repeats the issue would have come up before today).

Any insights?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Rob,

If you're laying a remarketing list with a website placement then those are two separate things. I would recommend though that you go through your placements list again to search for duplicates (you can identify duplicates in AdWords Editor quite easily). 

If you can't find the problem still, let me know! 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am adding url's to my remarketing lists to tag visitors of specific parts of my site.

What is the easy method for finding duplicate url's using AdWords editor?

My remarketing lists can potentially hold 50+ url's each...