AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Do view-through conversions indicate my tracking is working?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

Ive received 8 view-through conversions, however zero conversions. Des this indicate my tracking is working and Im simply not getting conversions? (I have thousands of impressions)

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sasha C
September 2015

Re: Do view-through conversions indicate my tracking is working?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Sasha

This means that your tracking is working and also receiving conversion as view through conversion is when a user sees an ad, and then later completes a conversion on your site with any other or same medium like desktop, mobile or tablet. So you are receiving conversion by PPC only.

Hope this works

Ana

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sasha C
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Sasha

This means that your tracking is working and also receiving conversion as view through conversion is when a user sees an ad, and then later completes a conversion on your site with any other or same medium like desktop, mobile or tablet. So you are receiving conversion by PPC only.

Hope this works

Ana

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sasha,

IMO, if View through Conversions are being tracked, then this shouldn't be an issue with conversion tracking script.

Still as a side note, why don't you try and click your own ad and then complete the process of conversion which you have. After that wait for a while and see if the conversion number appends in your account or not.

Here are some of the other methods that can be used to troubleshoot conversion tracking:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722021?hl=en&vid=1-635778969678710908-2931972514

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Ana - that helps!

All the best
Sasha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great advice. Thank you Pankja!

(Will look you up on FB and G+)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Sasha

Thank you for the feedback.

Cheers!