AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Diiference in Adwords Dashboard to conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had created Search only Ad Campaign Three Days Back (Friday, 8 August 2014) & purposely installed Conversion Tracking Code on Landing Page itself just to test How many Paid Clicks are actually visiting my Site from adwords.

To my Surprise I noticed that less than 90% People are actually visiting my site based on Conversion Data (extracted from Tools Tab). First I thought it may be One of Case but later it continued til date.

Actual conversion is even lesser around 10% of all the total number Paid Clicks with a specific time period (my objective is signing Up that is Thank YOU page after filling up Contact us Form on my Website).

Help me in understanding that my conclusions / observations are actually dead wrong and adwords system is utmost transparent and fair.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nilesh B
September 2015

Re: Diiference in Adwords Dashboard to conversion tracking

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Nilesh,

Thanks for posting! 

If a customer disabled cookies in their web browser before visiting your website, or blocks Google's conversion tracking cookie, the system can't record their conversions - there is no cookie to record the information. In other circumstances a customer may not have actively disabled cookies, but may be using a browser that has third party cookies disabled by default - again there is no cookie to record the information.  It could also be the case that a person went to your website, but left before the full page loaded. In that situation the conversion code may not have had a chance to fire; so a click would be recorded by AdWords, but a conversion might not be. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nilesh B
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Nilesh,

Thanks for posting! 

If a customer disabled cookies in their web browser before visiting your website, or blocks Google's conversion tracking cookie, the system can't record their conversions - there is no cookie to record the information. In other circumstances a customer may not have actively disabled cookies, but may be using a browser that has third party cookies disabled by default - again there is no cookie to record the information.  It could also be the case that a person went to your website, but left before the full page loaded. In that situation the conversion code may not have had a chance to fire; so a click would be recorded by AdWords, but a conversion might not be. 

I hope this helps! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks RachelM...