AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Desktop vs Mobile Call Tracking Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We've implemented call tracking conversions on our website but are unable to view it successfully on desktop. We are able to view the phone number changing on mobile as well as using debug mode on desktop to force the change: https://www.kensingtontours.com/#google-wcc-debug

The debug console gives the error: "Could not get number: not tracked"

What does that mean?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kensington T
June 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We've discovered that you need to add a call extension at either the Account or Campaign level for both Mobile and Desktop. Furthermore, you'll need to wait up to 48 hours after adding the call extension for the change to begin working correctly.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kensington T

The Google forwarding number will show up for AdWords traffic only. So, the best would be to click one of your ads and come to the site for checking and debugging. Or wait for a conversion to happen. 

As it's already been a  few days since you posted this question, I hope you must have got it working. However, if you still face it, do let us know. 

--

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Ratan-Jha,

We've tested clicking through an AdWords ad on both mobile and desktop and the outcome is consistent with debug mode. The phone number is correctly modified on mobile but not desktop.

Is there any connection between Call Extensions and Call Conversions? Should we have Call Extensions setup for both mobile and desktop?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kensington T
June 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We've discovered that you need to add a call extension at either the Account or Campaign level for both Mobile and Desktop. Furthermore, you'll need to wait up to 48 hours after adding the call extension for the change to begin working correctly.