AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Deleting conversions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I am trying to set up a Conversion to track downloads of my Android app from mobile app AdWords campaigns. 

When I try and set up a new Conversion with the listing in Google Play I get the message: This package name is already used in another conversion type. Please choose a different package name.

That may be true. I think I did this previously but can't find it in any of my other Conversions. So I've tried to delete all other conversions but it seems like they are still listed (although "deleted"). This is the only package name I want to track so I can choose a different package name.

So, how do I actually delete ALL other conversions so I can track this important metric?

Thank you for any and all help.

Rob

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Deleting conversions.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

As wiith so many other parts of AdWords, there is no true "delete" function. 'Delete' is more of a setting--like pause, only more definite--or a label, than anything else.

In other words, there's no way to resuse a name. Sorry.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Can the old "conversion " be edited and renamed to allow a new conversion with the old name ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually effectively that is what I did and it worked. Had to go through all the old conversions, find the right one and edit it. Is fine now. Thanks!