AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Data discrepancy between AdWords report and API in csv format

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am seeing some data discrepancy between AdWords report download from Client report and data extracted via API in csv format. It appears that the AdWords report has less records than data extracted by API with the same given period, attributes and facts.Why historical data extract from AdWords report has less records or API has more data than AdWords report? 

Thanks,

Andy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Data discrepancy between AdWords report and API in csv format

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your question. 

It could be a few things but the most common reason is because performance data in AdWords isn’t available instantly, and some metrics are only updated once a day. In most cases, your account statistics (such as clicks, conversions and impressions) are delayed by less than three hours.

Here is more info about determining your data's freshness.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can help you with anything else. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shanea,

I don't think that is the problem I am having at the moment, because and I am not pulling near-realtime data. As I pulling historical data for last year and comparing them between API and AdWords report for the same period. Some metrics are match correctly some does not. The AdWords report always has less records than the API.

Andy

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Ok. Thanks for that info. What I would do is check the AdWords API forumI would ask why api data might include more data. The data in your AdWords account should reflect performance that you paid for (clicks, impressions).