AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I want to be able to track when a user completes our contact form. In order to do this, do I have to have a new page that the user is redirected to after filling in the form? Currently, our website is setup so that the user stays on the same page after completing the form - the contact form simply disappears and is replaced by "Your message has been sent!" text.

Do I need to create a new page that says "Your message has been sent!", in which I could paste the conversion tracking code?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Conversion tracking

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi BoothJess,

There are certain option available where you can track conversions without a 'thank you' page.

Please go through an earlier thread below which has some valuable information.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/conversion-tracking-with-no-thank-you-page/m...

Hope this will help you in some way,

Deepak

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi boothJess,

Welcome to the forum

I think if you use the adword coversion code to your current page it will not work because adwords will track all the visitors who will come to the page by clicking your ads, no matter whather they will fill up your form or not.

So i will encourage you to create a seperate thank you page and paste the conversion code there.

Regards,

Shuva 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi boothJess,

Yes, you need to make a "Thank You" page (i.e. www.xyz.com/thankyou.html) and place conversion tracking code into this page (or the webpage the user sees after signing up.)

My 2 cents!

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi BoothJess,

There are certain option available where you can track conversions without a 'thank you' page.

Please go through an earlier thread below which has some valuable information.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/conversion-tracking-with-no-thank-you-page/m...

Hope this will help you in some way,

Deepak

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi BoothJess,

There is an easier way to do this than what I outlined in the referenced post, but in the end it's all the same.

You can simply return the image part of the conversion code along with your message and the conversion will be recorded.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok

@boothJess wrote:

Hi!

I want to be able to track when a user completes our contact form. In order to do this, do I have to have a new page that the user is redirected to after filling in the form? Currently, our website is setup so that the user stays on the same page after completing the form - the contact form simply disappears and is replaced by "Your message has been sent!" text.

Do I need to create a new page that says "Your message has been sent!", in which I could paste the conversion tracking code?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!