AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion goals

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Smiley Happy 

I have a question regarding conversion goals. So i have four conversion goals and i would like to know which ad contributed to which goal completion. My goals are very general and the ads are not tailored around the goals as the nature of the goals doesen't allow it. 
I am running CPC for an auction and for example one of my goals is "add an item to bid managed" , which i can't advertise with .
So my ads are going around the items of the auction,i know the number of conversion goals completed but i would still like to know which ad is bringing in what. I would really appreciate some help with this issue Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Veronicca P
January 2016

Re: Conversion goals

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You can also do this directly within AdWords... in your ad view add a column for Conversions - then segment by conversion name and you'll see which conversions are related to which ads...

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Veronica

If this is the only concern that you want to track that which ad is responsible for which goal kindly follow below steps..

Click on Goals --> Overview--> source/medium-->google/cpc-->Secondary dimension-->ad content(and you can select adgroup and any other dimension you want to check)

For details just go through the below snapshots:

http://pho.to/9tUEe

Ana

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

If I am not mistaken, you could look at the converted clicks data when you go to Ads Tab and see which ads are converting and which not.

Apart from this, if you are using Google Analytics, you could create different set of goals around your business, import them inside Google AdWords. Once the import process is complete, you can see which ads drove how many goals/conversions for your website. Find details on importing the data here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Ana, very helpful answer! Do you happen to know how can i modify what columns i observe in Analytics, it's a bit crowded.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Veronicca

Thanks for the feedback Smiley Happy

If you want to analyse on the basis of Google paid campaign than go for the advertising and under that you can check various metrics and so on it totally depends on that what metrics you want to see or what are your goals for that!

Ana
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Veronicca P
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You can also do this directly within AdWords... in your ad view add a column for Conversions - then segment by conversion name and you'll see which conversions are related to which ads...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im trying to set this up also . . . Ive gone into "modify Columns" under Adwords campaign management but cant find anything relating to "goals" as a column to add ?

Can you assist ?

I can also confirm Ive switched on "Auto Tagging" under account settings

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You should be seeing this.... but only once you have any conversions either set directly in Adwords or imported from Analytics...

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 09.18.34.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am now seeing that and can see the reports many thx

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor