AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversation records first page only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI,

I Track Conversations from a web site using the JS API.

My landing page is an HTML page with a registration button which triggers the js tracking function and redirect to the second page wihich is an aspx page.

The second page have another button which triggers the same js function with a different label but it doesnt record any converstion.

Using the Tag assistant tool I can see the recording are firing but still it wont show on the conversation report. the tracking status is "no recent conversation"

thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lior G
December 2015

Re: Conversation records first page only

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I agree with @petebardo here. I've never heard of the JS API for conversion tracking. Or any GA or AdWords JS API.

Perhaps you mean the measurement protocol? Or are you just using the JS snippet?

If I was in your situation, I'd use GTM that fires the tag on the form onsubmit event for the first conversion and the onload event for the second.

If you could provide a bit more detail on your setup, that would help. Unfortunately, with the info that you've given, there's not more that we can give you right now.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Lior, how are things?

If I understand it correctly, you're using Adwords Conversion Tracker to track conversions when users hit a button for the next page, is that it?

If that's the case, I recommend that you don't use conversions tracker for this. You should use something like Analytics Events, turn them into goals, and link your account with Adwords so that you can send those goals back to Adwords.

The conversions tracker although is possible to set on a button, is more recommended for page loads. For button clicks, definitely goes with Analytics Events.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Lior G,

About all I can suggest is check to be sure the label is correct for the conversion.

I am a little confused by this, "I Track Conversations from a web site using the JS API." I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. Are you uploading the conversion data after the click? Or did you mean something else.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lior G
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I agree with @petebardo here. I've never heard of the JS API for conversion tracking. Or any GA or AdWords JS API.

Perhaps you mean the measurement protocol? Or are you just using the JS snippet?

If I was in your situation, I'd use GTM that fires the tag on the form onsubmit event for the first conversion and the onload event for the second.

If you could provide a bit more detail on your setup, that would help. Unfortunately, with the info that you've given, there's not more that we can give you right now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks , after a couple of days the tracking started.