AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Click & Impr. Assisted Conv. Value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been struggling with this for a month now, here is my scenario. 

Cost          Total Conv. Value        Click Assisted Conv. Value           Impr. Assisted Conv. Value

$150                   $0.00                                            $0.00                                   $2,600

$80                    $0.00                                            $750.00                                $3,200

$15                     $1,700                                           $0.00                                  $2,600

These are some values out of the AdWords account. A while ago I would have paused the first two keywords because there was no Total Conv. Value. Then I started reading about Click and Impr. Assisted Values. So the first one has $2,600 in Impr. Value. If I'm ranked in the top 5 on the first page for that keyword someone would see my ad before they scrolled down and clicked on my natural listing and bought the product. Would that count as an Impr. Assisted Conv. Value. They did see my ad but click on a natural listing.

I'm not sure how the second one even works, so they clicked on the ad and then saw another ad but somehow there is no Total Conv. Value for that keyword.

The third one is kind of straight forward but I still do not understand. They clicked on the ad and purchased $1,700 worth of product but then I also have $2,600 in Impr. sales. Is the $1,700 included in the $2,600 or not.

*** I've read all the Google help on this and it does not do a great job of explaining it. I called Google Help and the gentleman said to only take into account the "Total Conv. Value" only when pausing keywords. I'd like to pause the first two but also do not want to loose sales if the other two metrics are true sales values.

What do I do or how do I interpret these numbers?????

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi, 

Do you still need help with this query?

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So on the impression assisted conversion: if someone types in a keyword that I'm bidding on and my ad shows up but the immediately go down to one of my natural listings and click on that and buy, is that an impression assisted ad because they did see my ad?

Also in both the click and impr. assisted ads, if the regular convention value is $100 the click assisted value is $150 and the impr. assisted ad is $500. Is the regular conversion value, $100, included in the click, $150, and impr., $500, value. So are the other two decreased by $100 or is the total conv. value $750.

This brought up another thought, is an impr. value just that or is it called an impr. even if they click on it, they did get an impr. before they clicked on it.

Thanks

Mark