AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Changing email address for analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I signed up for Google Analytics using one email address and now I am trying to change that address and it's asking me to contact the administrator of the domain. I'm also the administrator of the domain but I don't know how to change the address through another portal. What should I do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing email address for analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Log in with your administative credentials and add your new email address (also with administrative access) to the overall Analytics account.

Log out, then log back in using your new credentials. You can now delete the original email address's access if you want.

Note that if you have Analytics linked to your AdWords account through the original email address, this last step will "unlink" Analytics from your AdWords.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Theresa, for your response. Where am I supposed to log in with the administrator password? Is that for the Analytics account, the Google Accounts main page, the Website host, or something else? I've tried logging into the Analytics page with several different email accounts and all of them say that I need to contact the administrator to change email addresses. Is there any way I can start over with another email address and have my tracking information for the same webpage transferred?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

I am ICT responsible at ACEA. We have a google account
supportacea@gmail.com from where we access the Google Analytics for ACEA.
I wanted to add users but I realise I am not the administrator... So please could you indicate to me who is?
Probably this person changed it (I thought I set it up, but it has been changed afterwards), but has left the company, so it needs to be changed.

Anyhow, I want myself to the administrator, and I will then give access to the others, the way it should be ;-)

Please handle asap.

PS: I sent already an email to analytics-support@google.com but I was told to post it here somewhere...

Grts,
Marc