AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Change Conversion name

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can I change the name of a conversion (on the conversion page by clicking the pencil) without changing the conversion code on the site if it's been placed already? 

Re: Change Conversion name

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi

Yes, you can change the conversion name to anything. This doesn't have to do with the actual code. So go ahead and change the name!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I just to follow up on this--when you change the name with the little pencil, I see that the code changes--at least the string that says <!-- Google Code for XXXXXXXX Conversion Page --> with XXXX being the name. Obviously, it doesn't change on the page where you've placed it if it's already placed, but are you saying if you have placed the code already you can still change the name? It doesn't make sense.