AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I view the order number of our AdWords transactions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I'm fairly new to both AdWords and Analytics. I have linked the two accounts together. I'd like to know if it is possible to view or build a report that allows me to see which order numbers the AdWords transactions belong to. Can anybody help with this?

Thanks,

Richard.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I view the order number of our AdWords transactions?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

Have you looked into e-commerce tracking? This will allow you to pass a number of variables to analytics.

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1009612

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Tom,

Thank you for help. Please excuse my slow response as I've been away on holiday.

I've set up the Ecommerce tracking so that I can see order numbers etc.

Is it posible to use a segment or report to see whicj order numbers on a given day were from someone who clicked on one of the AdWords ads?

Thanks,

Rich.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Rich,

I'm not exactly sure what the best route for this is so I can't say one way or another. 

Here is an Analytics Help article on 'What types of reports does the E-commerce section offer?' that may help you out.  I actually just noticed that this is from the old Analytics help center, it may not help you at all. Smiley Happy

If you're still not finding what you're looking for, I would suggest that you start a new thread with this question or take a look over at the Analytics Forum to see if it has been discussed previously.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Tom,

I'll take a look at the link and check the forum and see what I can find.

Thank you for your help and advice with this.

Regards,

Rich.