AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I am using call extensions and 60 seconds long call is conversion for my client. I want to know that which ad and keyword is getting these calls. I want to track those ads which are working very well for getting calls conversions.

Please advice me guys asap. Your support would be appreciated for me.

Thank You!

Yousuf

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call Conversion Tracking

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Yousuf,

Thank you for your post. Regarding your Call Conversion Tracking question, there's a great community thread that answers your question on this link: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/Conversion-tracking-question/m-p/267175/high... or you can read more Understanding Conversion Tracking reports at this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

As a second opinion, in order to find out which Ad is generating a Call conversion , click on the Columns button while in the Ads tab , select conversions and add the column "Phone Call Conversions".

I suppose you are using a Google forwarding number since this is the only way to track the duration of a call conversion.

Currently there is a new feature announced on the AdWords blog here : link , which explains that phone call conversions will be added to the regular conversions column .

If this has happened in your account it means that you have to take another approach in the Ads tab :

1) enable the column "many per click Conversions"

2) click on Segment and choose Conversions / Conversion action name. This should show under each Ad the number of Call conversions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

I can add calls conversion column in keywords tabs not in ads tab. Yes, I am using Google Forwarding Number to track 60 seconds long calls as conversion.

Yes, I already know about Google Adwords New Features which they launch in 12 November; From that day they are showing calls conversions into insight graph but the point is; We are still not able to put this goals value. (Phone Conversion Values).

If any person can help in that OR is there any way to figure out these things so please let me know, I would be glad to hear more opinions.

Regards,
Yousuf

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

There is a situation when you can asign value for Call conversions but I do not know how to do it for calls directly from the Ad.

You can create a call conversion to asign a monetary value if you place on your mobile site a text link with an "onclick event" to allow calls as explained in here : link ( after expanding the text "Track conversions on a mobile site with a phone number" ) 

Quote :

" If your mobile website displays a phone number, customers with mobile devices can click and call that number. You can track those calls in AdWords and assign a monetary value to them" 

Are you saying you want to asign a conversion value for each of the calls which last over 60 seconds, when people click directly on the Ad ? Would this value be the same for all calls ? This feedback could be useful for other forum members who visit this post, to understand your request.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, all 60 seconds long calls are have same value for my client. I want to track those calls only which i am getting through call extension. I want to check my those ads which are working well to get calls.

Thank You!

Hi Yousuf S,   I think you can track your keywords for ca...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Yousuf S,

I think you can track your keywords for call conversions from the "Segment" section by choosing "Click Types" for all the keywords you have targeted for your campaign.

Hope this work. Smiley Happy