AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

CPC leads shown in Salesforce much lower than AdWords and Anlytics' reported numbers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello fellow marketers, 

I run an AdWords campaign for a software company who uses marketo for landing pages and salesforce. In AdWords we've seen a lot more conversions than the CPC-sourced conversions in Salesforce. The discrepancy is too big to be true. I did embed the "?utm_source=PSearch" on every ad URL. 

AdWords and Anlytics conversions are pretty aligned. So why is Salesforce so low? 

Thank you in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elle V
February 2017

CPC leads shown in Salesforce much lower than AdWords and Anlytics' reported numbers

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Elle,

To my understanding, salesforce is only recording the few people who immediately fill out the form from the landing page, but not those people who leave and return a few days later to take an action.

That's because Google is able to tell the audience by storing their cookie. However, if a user returns to the site several days later the UTM info you set could be changed or lost

Meanwhile, AdWords is showing these delayed conversions which it's counted as assists, while salesforce is attributing them to organic, direct, etc. Assists account for 85% of leads in AdWords normally.

Hope this helps!

Jason

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elle V
February 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Elle,

To my understanding, salesforce is only recording the few people who immediately fill out the form from the landing page, but not those people who leave and return a few days later to take an action.

That's because Google is able to tell the audience by storing their cookie. However, if a user returns to the site several days later the UTM info you set could be changed or lost

Meanwhile, AdWords is showing these delayed conversions which it's counted as assists, while salesforce is attributing them to organic, direct, etc. Assists account for 85% of leads in AdWords normally.

Hope this helps!

Jason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much Jason. That's exactly what I was assuming and you just verified it! Thank you again!