AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Bid Strategy: Maximise Clicks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I am experimenting the bid strategies particularly "Maximise Clicks" where I can optionally define a target spend per day. 

If I have a campaign with a daily budget of $100 per day and I apply a bid strategy "Maximise Clicks" with a target spend of $30 per day to 2 out of 5 ad groups in the campaign.

Does the bid strategy budget of $30 consider part of campaign budget of $100 or they are independent ?

Thanks,

Roman

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roman L
September 2015

Re: Bid Strategy: Maximise Clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Roman, the $30 spend is part of your $100 per day budget so, in theory, your 2 Ad Groups using the Clicks strategy could spend $30 in a day while the other 3 Groups could spend $70.

Note that the target specified is always capped by the overall Campaign daily budget(s) so even if you set a figure here that's higher than your total daily budgets, you'll never spend more than those budget limits (subject to the normal overdelivery margin).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roman L
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Roman, the $30 spend is part of your $100 per day budget so, in theory, your 2 Ad Groups using the Clicks strategy could spend $30 in a day while the other 3 Groups could spend $70.

Note that the target specified is always capped by the overall Campaign daily budget(s) so even if you set a figure here that's higher than your total daily budgets, you'll never spend more than those budget limits (subject to the normal overdelivery margin).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks