AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Assist click and assisted conversions

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I don´t really get the difference between assist click assisted conversions.

Can someone try to explain the difference in detail? Would be much appreciated!

/ David

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by AdWiser (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Assist click and assisted conversions

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi David,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you have 4 different keywords with clicks (none of the last one before conversion) by a browser that later made a conversion, you would have 1 assist clicks and 1 assisted conversion for each keyword, right? Correct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make it more complex, I wonder how the sequences leading to 2 different conversion that includes the same keywords would be attributed. For example

carpet > red carpet > sofa carpet > cheap carpet > conversion

blue carpet > sofa carpet > carpet > blue carpet > cheap carpet > conversion

How many assisted conversion and assist clicks do we have for "carpet" and for "blue carpet" here, for example?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpet – 2 Assisted clicks (as part of two different conversions) - 2 Assisted Conversions (Assisted two different conversions)

Blue Carpet – 2 Assisted clicks ( As part of the same conversion) – 1 Assisted Conversion (Assisted the same conversion)

Hope this helps,

Deepak

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David,

I think a bit more detailed explanation about Assisted Conversion will clear the confusion. Directly from Help page

Although similar to the "assist clicks" report, the "assisted conversions" report has some important distinctions. Rather than looking at how many assist clicks or impressions your advertising provided, these tabs show the number of conversions your advertising assisted.

For example, if a customer clicked on two ads for the keyword "merchandise" before later clicking on an ad for the keyword "store" and converting, this would have counted as two "assist clicks" but only one "assisted conversion."

Please find more information below.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, I think I am getting it.

So if you have 4 different keywords with clicks (none of the last one before conversion) by a browser that later made a conversion, you would have 1 assist clicks and 1 assisted conversion for each keyword, right?

To make it more complex, I wonder how the sequences leading to 2 different conversion that includes the same keywords would be attributed. For example

How many assisted conversion and assist clicks do we have for "carpet" and for "blue carpet" here, for example?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by AdWiser (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi David,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you have 4 different keywords with clicks (none of the last one before conversion) by a browser that later made a conversion, you would have 1 assist clicks and 1 assisted conversion for each keyword, right? Correct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpet – 2 Assisted clicks (as part of two different conversions) - 2 Assisted Conversions (Assisted two different conversions)

Blue Carpet – 2 Assisted clicks ( As part of the same conversion) – 1 Assisted Conversion (Assisted the same conversion)

Hope this helps,

Deepak

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I think something like:

- assisted clicks = number of occurences of the keyword in all the conversion paths

- assisted conversions = number of conversion paths where there is at least one occurence of the keyword

would pretty much describe the logic.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Cheers guys!

Next thing to ask would be how to make a valuse based attribution model for this, but I´ll leave that for a new thread

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Ha ha, David Smiley Happy. So you can take a week off skiing? Smiley Happy No way, this one's for you Smiley Happy.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey David,,

Can you please share how to take out assisted clicks for ppc from GA?

lets say EG PPc clicks drove XXX number of direct visits and XXX number of organic visits?? wer can i get it in GA

And also what percentage of overall paid traffic returns through other channels? Eg XX% of PPc traffic returns as direct traffic and XX% of ppc traffic returns as organic traffic?

Arti

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arti

this is not the GA-forum, but... try the linnk at the very bottom of the left side column i the GA interface (under "conversions").
And also check this: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1662518?hl=en