AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics recording transaction under different AdWords campaigns

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi All,

I'm managing an ecommerce website with conversion tracking enabled and linked AdWords and Analytics. Yesterday, I did a test by doing a google search for a keyword for which I have an AdWords campaign. In this case, I searched for 'iphone 5,' my ad appeared and I bought an iphone 5. But, an hour before this transaction I had clicked on one of my banner ads (different destination url) on the content network. Now, in Analytics, the conversion is recorded under the banner campaign and not under the search campaign. My question is, isn't the transaction attributed to the last ad campaign which led to the conversion? And two, which cookies take precedence in such a case?

Thank you for any one who helps!

Prathibha

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics recording transaction under different AdWords campaigns

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Thanskf or posting. I've asked our team to help out with this, so hopefully you should hear from them soon!

A.

Re: Analytics recording transaction under different AdWords campaigns

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable
Thank you Alys. Awaiting your response.