AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics only reporting half of Adwords sessions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Since July I've been experiencing the following problem: only half the PPC visits to my landing page https://hipotecas.com/landing3.aspx are being reported in Google Analytics.

I've set up Yandex Metrics to double check this, and Yandex is recording twice as many PPC visits as GA. I trust Yandex on this one, since the results in Yandex are similar to the clicks reported in the Google Adwords interface, or slightly less which is perfectly normal. However, GA is only showing half that amount of sessions, so it's clearly not working properly. 

What's even more frustrating, is that all other traffic sources are being reported correctly in GA, only Adwords traffic is being affected.

Anybody else having the same kind of issue lately? Any clues as to what could be misconfigured in my Adwords/Analytics account?

Cheers

Re: Analytics only reporting half of Adwords sessions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Marco,

Is your Adwords account linked to the GA property? is the linking done properly (with the right view)?

Do you have any filters on the view that you are viewing the data from? for me it seems that some of the PPC sessions are filtered out from the view you are currently using.

Thanks,

Muhannad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Muhannad,
Thanks for your reply. The right view of GA is correctly linked to my Adwords account. The only filter I'm using is an IP address exlusion, so that my company's clicks don't get registered.

I started having problems when I launched an A/B test through GA. GA started recording 1/3 of my Adwords sessions during the AB test, although it was set up properly.
But now, even after the testing has stopped, inconsistent Adwords sessions data keeps entering GA...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok I actually fixed it. Mind you, Google Tag Manager is set by default in such a way that, when you set up a new Universal Analytics tag, it automatically selects the drop down menu that instructs to only fire the tag when events occur (instead of page views).
That's a tricky one, cause 99% of us measure page views, not events with GA.
Well done Google, thanks for making me lose 6 weeks of data with this...