AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Assisted Conversion Value Concept Question

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All

So i have a client what earns a monthly revenue of $500,000 per month across all channels (direct, paid search, organic, email, and referrals). When I go look at: Analytics -> Conversions -> Multichannel Funnels -> Assisted Conversions and look at "Assisted Conversion Value" It's about $700,000. 

Shouldn't Assisted conversion Value add up to the total revenue of the month? How can it assist more that the total revenue? what is the benefit of this? My client thinks i'm double "misleading him" with the total amount of revnue in the assisted conversions.

How do I explain this correctly? or find something that can attribute value based on the percentage of channels involved? Thanks ahead of time!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics Assisted Conversion Value Concept Question

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Boyang S,

Assisted Conversions for a given channel counts all conversions in which that channel was a non-last interaction. Assisted Conversion Value is the total value associated with those conversions. As as result, double-counting can occur across rows or across assisted and last conversions. If two conversions occur for a single person, any channel interactions which were in both conversion paths count toward both conversions.

Does this help?
Kathleen