AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords showing more conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yesterday on 31 July, 2014 we only had one sale at our online store but the Google Adwords Converted Clicks column is showing two sales. I understand that clicks and conversions can happen on different dates and Adwords attributes the conversion to the click date. So, how we can know the acutal no. of conversions on a particular date in Google Adwords?

Quoting our example. We only had one sales yesterday, that is 31st of July. Now assuming that someone clicked our ad on 29th and bought the product on 30th. Why would it appear in the 31st conversions? 

Fahad

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords showing more conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kapila,

Using Google Analytics may help...they report conversions/transactions differently than AdWords does.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

Also, how many conversion types are you tracking with adwords? Is there any possibility that you're seeing duplicate conversions being reported?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Adwords showing more conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the response. I am just tracking one conversion type - sales. I don't think there was an issue of duplicate conversions. Whatelse could it be? And I did import adwords into analytics but analytics is not showing the conversions data? Do you know whats the problem.