AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversion tracking with Cake software

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 questions about conversion tracking.

1. When i create a conversion in Tools -> Conversions how do i assign that conversion to a specific campaign?

2. Is it possible to use adwords conversion tracking with Cake marketing/software? Has anyone was able to set it up?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ShannonM (Community Manager)
July 2016

Re: Adwords conversion tracking with Cake software

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You will need to make sure the traffic is coming from the Google adword during the search. If this happens, then the google pixel will fire.

You cant make googles pixel fire correctly until the traffic is pushed through a google ad.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your question.

Conversion tracking is done at the account level. You cannot assign a specific conversion to a specific campaign unless you have one conversion and one campaign.

How conversion tracking works is whenever someone clicks on the ad and which leads to a conversion on your website then that ad will be attributed a conversion. This way every time you get a conversion, the keyword and the ad, which lead to conversion, will be attributed the conversion.

You can then see the data as to which keyword, ad, ad group and campaign has received the conversions.

Thanks,
Rahul

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Is it possible to use adwords conversion tracking with Cake marketing/software? Has anyone was able to set it up?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey Erik,

I would refer to Rahul fopr question #1. In regards to question #2 I did a little research and it appears that Cake does indeed integrate with AdWords! Here is some information i found:

CAKE for Advertisers is a digital marketing hub that helps advertisers understand their return on ad spend (ROAS). It tracks users across all digital channels, capturing impressions, clicks, user events, and conversions. Through deep integrations with traffic sources such as AdWords, CAKE can track the costs associated with user acquisition, and accrue these costs against eventual conversion revenue, also tracked by CAKE. If you are presently driving traffic via AdWords in the Search channel, use CAKE to capture the costs associated with clicks as well as keyword performance. See how AdWords touch-points interact with other channels to drive conversions.

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joshua,
I found below
https://support.getcake.com/support/solutions/articles/5000587016-how-do-i-integrate-google-adwords-

But this talks about getting Adwords stats into Cake. What i want to do is for Cake to fire the pixel and then track conversions in Adwords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Was anyone able to figure this out?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Eric K

Here you go -

Once you get the AdWords Conversion code, go to "testing & tracking" instructions page under Cake. Within this page there is a section titled "Pixel HTML."  It is here where the Google Pixel will be placed.

More is here -  https://goo.gl/FwFG9r

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is still currently no solution.

The problem is this.

1) adwords click appends the ?gclid to the URL from an individual like ERIC K (OP) who is buying traffic via adwords.
2) Eric's website has a link to a 3rd party website (partner url). Eric's click leaves his page (he can capture and pass the ?gclid say with PHP and pass via URL through his own tracking link through to a final destination URL. (even if he did that much so far this page also needs to use the GET function and grab the ?gclid again and keep this in a hidden input field to which in the end is passed to CAKE MARKETING "iframe / postback" tracking mechanism on the confirmation page.

The problem is ERIC is posting his Google Conversion Pixel in the CAKE Marketing Partner interface and it is being called successfully (you can see via fiddler status 200) but Google is looking for this pixel to more or less be hard coded I feel vs planted in Cake.

I am stuck right now as I can not even pass the ?glcid variable via a macro into the Google Conversion Pixel either. Stuck just like you pal.

Is it true HitPath or LinkTrust networks have no issues.

Are you using Voluum Tracking or CPVL or 202?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I am not using Voluum Tracking or CPVL or 202 as i am trying to have the conversions tracked in Adwords.

I was told that 202 should be able to properly handle/call Google pixel but did not get a chance to try it yet.

Also, i was told that Cake can call a dummy page which will contain Google pixel and tracking should work this way as well. Did not have time to try it yet.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Erik,

Adwords conversion tracking in CAKE does work. There is a great article that will help you accomplish this found here: https://support.getcake.com/support/solutions/articles/5000624350-cake-and-google-pixel-tracking

This has been tested and confirmed.

Hope this helps!