AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Device

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Is there any way to pull a report that displays what specific device a user is interacting with the ad from? I know you can segment by device such as iPhone or Android Phone, but is there any way to see what version iPhone (5, 5s, etc.) it is?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords Device

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Christine,

It is not possible to see iPhone 5 or 5s etc. but it is possible to see the operating system versions of the smartphone. for example Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.4 etc.

To see this create an advance segment: Paid Search, or google/cpc (you can create custom one)
Go to Audience > Mobile > Devices and then choose secondary dimension "Operating System Versions"

Hope that Helps,

Cheers,

Nouman

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hmm... Interesting question.. Not that I know about... (All iOS - or android- devices fall under the same category - no matter what version is installed on the device.)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Try using Google Analytics:

Segment on Paid Search.
Then use the Audience/Mobile/Device report.
You can find the Ad under Secondary Dimension/Advertising

That should give you the answer you want.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Christine,

It is not possible to see iPhone 5 or 5s etc. but it is possible to see the operating system versions of the smartphone. for example Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.4 etc.

To see this create an advance segment: Paid Search, or google/cpc (you can create custom one)
Go to Audience > Mobile > Devices and then choose secondary dimension "Operating System Versions"

Hope that Helps,

Cheers,

Nouman

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Christine L,

Yes you can see the Mobile Device Model, it is a Dimension in Google Analytics.

For example you can navigate to Audience/Mobile/Devices and select as "Secondary dimension" = "Mobile Device Model". It will give you a report like this

device-model.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

This is great; But it's not showing iPhone and iPad versions such as 4s or 5s etc. It only report iPhone and iPad.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes it doesn't for Apple models, probably because they have some privacy to protect, but analytics shows the exact model for other brands.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i want to know number of smart phones by country if this possible like :

France : IOS = xxx and Android = yyy to know who I'm targeting