AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Adding Call Tracking on Wordpress Site Genesis frame work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm following the instructions found here to set up call tracking for my site

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054#calls_from_websites

I've added the code to the header and now need to add the _googWcmGet() function, however I am not able to do this in my wordpress site as it is using the genesis frame work and the template file for the body tag looks like this:

<?php
genesis_markup( array(
'html5' => '<body %s>',
'xhtml' => sprintf( '<body class="%s">', implode( ' ', get_body_class() ) ),
'context' => 'body',
) );

Not really sure how to add the onload attribute with the parameters on there without messing up the whole theme.

In the instructions it says " If you put the _googWcmGet() call within a script tag, be sure it's placed after all the target elements." Does this mean that I can put this on the footer instead with some script tags?would this work if placed on the footer?

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function() {
_googWcmGet('number', '(281) 419-5104')
};

</script>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steven M
September 2015

Re: Adding Call Tracking on Wordpress Site Genesis frame work

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

It would work regardless whether you place before the element or after the element. I have made this work for my genesis client before the element itselfSmiley Happy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steven M
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

It would work regardless whether you place before the element or after the element. I have made this work for my genesis client before the element itselfSmiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for you reply I've tested it out and it seems to be working fine. Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Here is a guide for others to implement website call tracking on a genesis theme.
Genesis Website Call Tracking Guide