AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Search Terms Report missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Today I looked at my AdWords campaign, went to Keywords -> Details looking for my Search Terms report and it is missing. I look at this periodically to find negative keyword candidates. But today the report is missing. I see only Auction Insights and Keyword Diagnosis.

How can I restore this useful report?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Search Terms Report missing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Here are  step by step instructions to create the report;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have been in contact with Google support about this over the last 2 weeks as ours did the same..

Apparently, the STR & features that used to be on the "Keywords" tab on campaign types other than Search, are no longer available..

there response as always to any "keyword" related issue is.. Use the "Dimensions" tab to show a list of search terms..

I find this very frustrating as the old way allowed you to select search terms and bulk add them to either the ad group or campaign negative keyword lists.. but now using the Dimensions tab, you have to download the report, filter the Search Terms in Excel, then add them back into Adwords in the selected campaign/ad group's negative list..! not ideal for busy Account Managers.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Are we talking here Search campaigns? Because on my campaigns it looks ok.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, that is what I do (and have always done) and now, today, the report is missing. In the past it was there and I ran it. Now it is missing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, I will try the inconvenient Dimensions solution now that I can no longer use the convenient Search Terms Report.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, I retract. Now, today, the Search Terms report is available again. I was missing before but it is back now. I guess it took a short vacation or was observing a religious holiday.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I have heard the same complaint from another advertiser, today - I am checking on this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So. it now appears Google have been creating a new way of displaying "Search Terms"

For us, this morning revealed the new Tabs/Buttons on the "Keyword" tab, this allows you to look at [Keywords] [Negative Keywords] & [Search Terms]

Looks like a really good new way of displaying the data..

But why Google couldn't explain this is what they were doing/in the process of doing the other week baffles me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Now it is missing again. "Search Terms" is now a tab but the ability to run the Search Terms report and then turn some of the results into negative keywords is missing. This is frustrating. I need to exclude spurious searches from my campaign. Each click from a spurious search costs me money. Before I could do this by converting a spurious search term from this report into a negative key word. Now I cannot.