AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Group Sitelink Specific Destination URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am working on an Adwords campaign and am looking to create ad group specific URLs. My question is best illustrated by an example:

I have Campaign #1 with Ad Group A and Ad Group B. I want both ad groups to have a sitelink with the same title but different URLs.

Ad Group: A
Title: "Buy Our Widgets"
Destination URL: www.widgets.com/utm_adgroup=A

Ad Group: B
Title: "Buy Our Widgets"
Destination URL: www.widgets.com/utm_adgroup=B

When I try to upload a campaign with these settings, Adwords rejects Ad Group B's sitelink and uses Ad Group A's instead since the title of the sitelinks are the same even though the destination URLs are different. Has anyone come across this issue or know a solution to my problem? The only thing I could think of was dynamic insertion in the URLs for the adgroup name, but that does not appear to exist.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jake D
September 2015

Re: Ad Group Sitelink Specific Destination URLs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jake,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

If you need to upload the similar Text link with destination URL in the site link through editors, you need to change the Setting in Editors:-

Please follow the below link for steps:-

Go to "setting" under "Tool Tab" in the Editor>> Then Select " Create new Sitelink if destination url is different.

Editor.PNG

Then Upload the Sitelink,

You can do without any error.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jake D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jake,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

If you need to upload the similar Text link with destination URL in the site link through editors, you need to change the Setting in Editors:-

Please follow the below link for steps:-

Go to "setting" under "Tool Tab" in the Editor>> Then Select " Create new Sitelink if destination url is different.

Editor.PNG

Then Upload the Sitelink,

You can do without any error.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This worked. Thanks!